Sunday, August 24, 2008

Short Order Garlic Shrimp

I am just now watching a movie called Short Order
It is my new favorite film. It is everything I have wanted from a food film but never have found. Wonderfully quirky as my friend would say. As I watched the main character cook prawns drenched in garlic and lemon I became overcome with the need to cook. And so, short order garlic shrimp was born (I had no prawns on hand).

Put a little pot of water on to boil

Chop four cloves of garlic finely (you could press it through a garlic press but then you wouldn't have nice little chunks to chew on).

Once the water boils, drop a small handful of angel hair pasta in. Sprinkle in some salt.

Heat a pan over medium high heat. Once hot, melt some butter and some olive oil. Once bubbly, dump in the garlic. Saute until fragrant and add the shrimp and some salt (I used 5 you could use more or less). Be careful not to burn or brown the garlic.

Finally shake in red pepper flakes to taste and toss the drained pasta with the sauce.

Enjoy with some wine.

No comments: